This room contains the following records
- Needham Town Meeting Records
- Needham Town Warrants
- Needham Street Lists
- Needham Phone Books
- Needham High School Yearbooks.
- Vital Records up to the year 1850 from across Massachusetts
- Needham History
- History of various towns in Massachusetts
- Passenger Lists and Immigration records
- Revolutionary and Civil War records
- Mayflower and Pilgrim information
- Various genealogical records
Patrons wishing to use the genealogy room should sign in at the Reference Desk.
To peruse our ever growing digital collection please visit Digital Commonwealth for our Historical Picture Collection, and our Historical House Collection. Please visit the Internet Archive to view digital copies of the Advocate, the Needham High School yearbook.
The archives are available and open to public use by appointment only. To make an appointment with the archivist, please fill out the form below. The Rules and Regulations for Use of Materials in Archives (PDF) must be read and signed before use. The Statement of Access (PDF) must also be read. Please note that access to materials is at the discretion of the archivist. Permission to reproduce is granted by the archivist on a case-by-case basis.
All patrons wishing to access the Archives will need to present a photo id or library card and sign in. Please note that only paper, pencils, laptops or other technology will be permitted in the archives. All notes must be taken with a lead pencil. Ink in any form is not allowed, nor are pressure sensitive notes such as Post-Its.
Please see the archivist for a complete list of restrictions and guidelines.
This room contains records such as:
- Town By-Laws including Personnel, Building and General
- Town Reports
- Town Assessors tax reports from 18th and 19th century
- High School Yearbooks from 1891 – present
- Even a Rag Like This
- Galen Orr Post 180, G.A.R Ledgers
- Needham Town Architectural drawings and blueprints including streets and sewerage