The Friends plan and sponsor a number of public programs of enrichment each year. These include lectures, author readings, demonstrations, performances, and recitals.
All programs are free and open to the public. The Friends also sponsor several programs each year for children.
Most of our programs take place in the Library’s Community Room. Click here for directions to the Library.
If you enter the Library through the main entrance from the Rosemary Street parking lot, the Community Room is just inside the doors and to the right.
If you enter the Library through the Highland Avenue entrance, the Community Room is on the lower level on the opposite side of the building.
Some of our programs may be offered online via Zoom videoconferencing. You can check whether programs will be presented in the library’s Community Room in person and/or on Zoom. Register to attend at https://needhamlibrary.org/events. We will keep you informed about our programs by means of this web site and the Friends email list.
Programs are free to all and registration is required.
Our 2022-2023 program schedule:
- Sunday, October 23, 2022, 2:00-3:30 p.m. Film Producer/Director Eric Stange and Team, “Pony Boys”.
- Sunday, November 6, 2022, 2:00-3:30 p.m. Author Marjan Kamali, The Stationery Shop.
- Sunday, January 8, 2023, 2:00-3:30 p.m. Author Catherine Marenghi.
- Sunday, February 5, 2023, 2:00-3:30 p.m. Gilda Barabino, President of Olin College of Engineering, “Engineering for Everyone”.
- Sunday, March 5, 19, or 26, 2023, 2:00-3:30 p.m. Marsha Bemko, Producer, “The Antiques Roadshow Story”.
- Sunday, June 11, 2023, 2:00-4:00 p.m. Annual meeting and program. Author Stephanie Schorow, The Coconut Grove and Other Great Fires of Boston.